Download The “Step-By-Step Remote Onboarding Template”
Add your email address and I’ll send you the template.
I ran a fully remote company for six years.
At the beginning, our remote onboarding process sounded something like this:
“Do you have a laptop? We could probably send you one if not.”
“Why don’t we meet at 9 AM on your first day. I can send you a calendar invite.”
By the end, we had a dialed-in, repeatable process for onboarding remote employees in every way.
Here’s an overview of the process:
- Start: Receipt of a signed job offer letter and signed employee handbook
- Set up the new employee in the HR system
- Send a welcome email from the manager
- Allow the employee to pick home office equipment, then send
- Create accounts for the new employee
- Schedule trainings and meetings
- Add to existing team meetings
- Assign the first set of tasks in your project management tool
- Phase in job responsibilities
- End: The 6-week review meeting ends the onboarding process
Want to download the 13-page, step-by-step remote onboarding template? Fill in the form and I’ll email it to you.