Want to find out how much a coworking space costs in the United States?
In this guide, we ranked the five best coworking spaces in each of the 25 most populated US cities (125 total coworking spaces around the country). Then, we averaged the prices within each city to create this coworking space cost analysis. You’ll see data for four different types of common memberships or products – a monthly dedicated desk, a monthly dedicated office, a day pass to the coworking space, and a weekly pass.
Find out how much coworking spaces costs around the United States.
Average Coworking Space Cost By City: Chart
Here is a chart of the average cost of coworking spaces for the 25 biggest cities in the United States.
Average Coworking Space Prices By City: Table
Here is a table of the average cost of found coworking membership types in the 25 biggest cities in the United States.
If you are on a mobile device, scroll to the right side of the screen to see additional columns.
|City||Monthly Desk||Monthly Office||Day Pass||Week Pass|
See Also: 16 Benefits Of Coworking Spaces
Where did we get the data?
In this article, we ranked the top five coworking spaces in each of the 25 biggest US cities. For each of those 125 coworking spaces, we researched the price for each of the following types of coworking memberships:
- Monthly dedicated desk: Your own desk (not shared) that you pay for monthly
- Monthly dedicated office: Your own closed office (not shared) that you pay for monthly
- Day pass: A pass for a day to the common area of the coworking space
- Week pass (five days): A pass for a week to the common area of the coworking space
The figures you see in the pricing table are the average of the five best coworking spaces in each city. This is a sampling of popular and highly regarded coworking spaces in each city, not an exhaustive data set of every coworking space in the city. This chart should give you a starting point for your research to find out if a coworking space is worth it to you in your city.
How much does a coworking space cost in the US?
On average, here is how much a coworking space costs across the 30 biggest cities in the United States:
- For a monthly dedicated desk: $367 (range: $161 – $561)
- For a monthly dedicated office: $682 (range: $448 – $1,298)
- For a day pass: $29 (range: $17 – $41)
- For a week pass (five days): $103 (range:
How much does a monthly membership at a coworking space cost?
For coworking spaces in the 25 biggest US cities, the average cost of a monthly dedicated desk at a coworking space is $367 with a range of $161 – $561. The least expensive average membership is in Jacksonville, FL and the most expensive is in San Francisco, CA.
How much does a day pass at a coworking space cost?
For coworking spaces in the 25 biggest US cities, the average coworking space day pass costs between $17 – $41 with an average of $32 per day. The least expensive average cost is in Oklahoma City, OK and the most expensive is in San Francisco, California.
Which US city has the most expensive coworking space prices?
If you are looking for a monthly dedicated desk at a coworking space, San Francisco has the most expensive average price at $561 per month.
Here are the most expensive cities for coworking based on different types of memberships:
- For a monthly dedicated office, Seattle is the most expensive at $1,298 per month
- For a day pass, San Francisco is the most expensive with an average of $41 per day
- For a week pass, San Antonio is the most expensive with an average of $149 per week
Which US city has the least expensive coworking space prices?
If you are looking for a monthly dedicated desk at a coworking space, Jacksonville has the least expensive average price at $161 per month (of the 25 biggest US cities).