Template downloads: Canva
This is part of our series on work schedule templates. You can edit this weekly planner template in one of three common software tools (Canva, Google Sheets, or Microsoft Excel) or print out the PDF.
Work Schedule Templates > Entrepreneur Schedules > Weekly Planner Template
What Is A Weekly Planner Template?
In this printable weekly planner template, you can plan out your week in a simple format. The template is designed in Canva so you can customize it, the format is set to fit an 8.5 by 11-inch paper, and the content is within printing margins. Use this weekly planner to set your self up for success throughout the upcoming week.
- Type of schedule: Personal
- Duration: Weekly
- Daily work hours: Not set in the template
- Number of days: Seven
- Other names for this template: Weekly planner, printable weekly planner, weekly schedule planner, weekly agenda planner
- Typical uses:
- Entrepreneurs/self-employed people planning out their week
- Individuals planning out their priorities for the work week
- Parents planning out the schedule for the week
Weekly Planner Template Pros
- Simple, open design so you don’t have to undo parts you don’t like
- Printable planner built for 8.5 by 11-inch paper
- Adjustable colors and fonts to brand it how you’d like
Weekly Planner Template Cons
- Very simple (it won’t work if you’re looking for more categories)
- Does not account for times within each day (for meetings, appointments)
Supercharge Work Schedules With monday.com
Build your Personal Work Schedule in monday.com for free.
Static work templates in Excel, Sheets, or a PDF are a great start. But if you’d like to plug your schedule and tasks into your daily workflow, it’s better to use an online program like monday.com’s work OS.
- Build a work schedule over any time frame – assign people and due dates, track progress, and integrate it with Google Calendar
- Centralize how where your work gets done – all projects, processes, tools, team members, and files in one place
It’s free to use monday.com forever for 1-2 person teams. So try it out, and if you like it, you can always add team members for $8 – $10 per month.
Try monday.com for free.
Similar Work Schedules
All of our work schedule templates are customizable in many different systems (Canva, Excel, and Google Sheets) so you can make each template your own. However, if our weekly planner template isn’t the right fit for you, we have some similar ones that might work.
Click the links below to try out a similar template.
Definitions For This Work Schedule Template
At the top of this post, we provided seven pieces of information about the weekly planner template. This is how we define each of those terms:
- Type of schedule: Every Buildremote schedule template fits into one of these main categories:
- Employee: Daily, weekly, or monthly schedules to plan which staff members will work for certain times and days
- Shift: Work schedules for teams that require shifts (8-, 10-, 12-, or 24-hour work blocks) each day
- Corporate: Common schedules used by companies with knowledge workers (desk jobs)
- Hybrid: Schedule templates for companies that have employees split their time in an office and remotely
- Entrepreneur: Work planners and unconventional work schedules for self-employed people
- Duration: The length of time that the schedule template covers:
- Daily work hours: The amount of hours that the organization will be open for business in a given day using this template
- Shift length: The amount of hours employees will work each block of time before ending work (this is used primarily for the shift schedule templates)
- Other names for this template: Other ways people refer to the same work schedule
Disclaimer: This template is not legal advice. Please advise your HR or legal team first to determine the right language and structure of your work schedule depending on your type of organization, employee status, and labor laws in your state or country.