It’s time to plan out your 2025 business calendar. You need some solid information about the 2025 work calendar:
- How many working days are there in each month of 2025?
- How many work hours?
- When do the federal holidays occur in 2025?
In this article, you’ll find everything you need to know about the 2025 work calendar. If you’re in a hurry, here are the important takeaways from the 2025 work calendar:
- Average work days per month in 2025: 20.83
- Average work hours in a month in 2025: 166.67
- Number of federal holidays: 11
- Work days in 2025: 250
- Work hours in 2025: 2,000
- Month with the most work days: April, July, October, December (22)
- Month with the fewest work days: November (18)
Want to see work hours and days for 2023 or 2024 instead?
If you’d like to get more detail and access downloadable graphics, read on…
Work Hours & Days Per Month, 2025
If your company works a standard 40-hour work week, here are the federal holidays, work days, and work hours for each month in 2025.
New Year’s MLK, Jr.
Wed, Jan 1 Mon, Jan 20
Mon, Feb 17
Mon, May 26
Thu, Jun 19
Fri, Jul 04
Mon, Sep 1
Mon, Oct 13
Tue, Nov 11 Thu, Nov 27
Thu, Dec 25
How many business days (work days) are there per month?
In 2025, there are 20.83 average work days (or business days) per month for a standard five-day work week. The 11 federal holidays off throughout the year are not counted as a work day.
How many work hours are there per month?
In 2025, there are 166.67 average work hours per month for a standard five-day, eight-hour work week. The 11 federal holidays off throughout the year are not counted as work days (and therefore not included in the working hours we calculated).
See Also: How Many Work Hours Are In A Year?
What are the federal holidays for 2025?
There are 11 federal holidays in 2025. Here are the holidays and the days on which they are observed:
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: Monday, January 20
- President’s Day: Monday, February 17
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 26
- Juneteenth: Thursday, June 19
- Independence Day: Friday, July 4
- Labor Day: Monday, September 1
- Columbus Day: Monday, October 13
- Veteran’s Day: Tuesday, November 11
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 27
- Christmas: Thursday, December 25
Here are some other popular holidays many companies offer as paid days off:
- Extra day for Independence Day (Thursday, July 3)
- Friday after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 28)
- Christmas Eve (Wednesday, December 24)
- New Year’s Eve (Wednesday, December 31)
How many working days are there in 2025?
In 2025, there are 250 work days per year for a standard five-day work week. We arrive at this number by taking 365 total days, removing 104 weekend days, then removing 11 federal holidays.
See Also: How Many Work Days Are In A Year?
How many work hours are there in 2025?
In 2025, there are 2,000 total work hours per year for a standard work week. This is figure is calculated by taking 250 total work days multiplied by eight hours of work per day.
Which month has the most work days in 2025?
April, July, October, December (22)
April, July, October, and December 2025 all have 22 total business days in the month (with federal holidays excluded) – a four-way tie for the most working days in a month. November has the fewest with 18 business days.
Which month has the fewest work days in 2025?
November of 2025 has 18 total business days, the least of any month. There is a four-way tie (April, July, October, December) for the most business days with 22.
How many weekend days are there per month in 2025?
On average, there are 8.67 weekend days each month in 2025. This figure is calculated by taking the total weekend days in 2025 (104) divided by the number of months (12). Every month has either eight, nine, or ten weekend days.
How many total weekend days are in 2025?
In 2025, there are 104 total weekend days in the year for a standard five-day work week (with Saturday and Sunday counted as weekend days).
How many paid vacation days do American workers get per year?
10-14 (one year of service)
15 – 19 (ten years of service)
According to BLS 2021 data, “More than one–third of private industry workers received 10 to 14 days of paid vacation after one year of service” and “15 to 19 days of paid vacation after 10 years of service.”
Just so we’re on the same page, here is how we define each term you see used in the information provided above.
- Work days (business days): A weekday, Monday – Friday, that is not a federal holiday.
- Federal holidays: The list of paid weekdays off employees of the U. S. federal government, according to the Office of Personnel Management
- Weekend days: Saturdays and Sundays
- Standard work week: Eight hours of work per day on Monday through Friday, totaling 40 hours per week
2025 Calendar Downloads
Want to take some of this data with you? Feel free to download any of these images and datasets for the 2025 work calendar. If you choose to use it on your website, please give credit to Buildremote using this article’s website address.
2025 Work Calendar
⬇️ Download this image | ✏️ Customize in Canva
Table: 2025 Work Days, Standard Work Week
Graph: 2025 Work Days Per Month
Graph: 2025 Work Hours Per Month
Spreadsheet: 2025 Work Calendar Dataset
Additional Work Week Articles
Want to see work hours and days for 2023 or 2024? Click that link to view the same data as above for that year. Or, take a longer term view of working hours and working days per year from 2023-2032.
View unique work week schedules
This is part of our series highlighting unique work schedules. Have a look:
We hope you find this article useful. Just so you know, Buildremote may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page to help keep this site running.