This is part of our series on work schedule templates. You can edit this daily staff schedule template in one of three common software tools (Canva, Google Sheets, or Microsoft Excel) or print out the PDF.
Work Schedule Templates > Staff Schedule Templates > Daily Staff Schedule Template
What Is A Daily Staff Schedule Template?
In this daily staff schedule template, you can add employee names, their roles, start time, lunch break, end time, and total work hours. This gives a full, detailed view of the day’s work schedule. The template currently has space for 10 employees, but you can add rows for more employee spots. If some of the columns are not useful for your staff schedule, update the column names to provide the details you need. Print out the blank version of the template as a PDF to fill in the schedule by hand and post at work.
- Type of schedule: Staff
- Duration: Daily
- Daily business hours: Flexible/editable by employee
- Shift length: Flexible/editable by employee
- Average employee work hours per week: Flexible/editable by employee
- Other names for this template: Daily staffing sheet, daily work schedule template
- Typical industries: All/any
Daily Staff Schedule Template Pros
- The daily staff schedule gives you a bit more information that the simple daily work schedule (like start and end times, lunch breaks, and hours worked)
- Adjustable template allows you the change the stock information to show each day (like the date, manager or staff, open hours, etc).
- Adjustable colors and fonts to brand it for your organization
Daily Staff Schedule Template Cons
- If you want to print it, the amount of employees are limited by the length
- Provides just a snapshot of one work day
Supercharge Work Schedules With monday.com
Build your Staff Work Schedule in monday.com for free.
Static work templates in Excel, Sheets, or a PDF are a great start. But if you’d like to plug your schedule and tasks into your daily workflow, it’s better to use an online program like monday.com’s work OS.
- Build a work schedule over any time frame – assign people and due dates, track progress, and integrate it with Google Calendar
- Centralize how where your work gets done – all projects, processes, tools, team members, and files in one place
It’s free to use monday.com forever for 1-2 person teams. So try it out, and if you like it, you can always add team members for $8 – $10 per month.
Try monday.com for free.
(Alternative option: For retail companies specifically, you could look at a tool like Agendrix, a retail scheduling software that assigns shifts to employees.)
Similar Work Schedules
All of our work schedule templates are customizable in many different systems (Canva, Excel, and Google Sheets) so you can make each template your own. However, if our daily staff schedule template isn’t the right fit for you, we have some similar ones that might work.
Click the links below to try out a similar template.
Definitions For This Work Schedule Template
At the top of this post, we provided seven pieces of information about the daily staff schedule template. This is how we define each of those terms:
- Type of schedule: Every Buildremote schedule template fits into one of these main categories:
- Employee: Daily, weekly, or monthly schedules to plan which staff members will work for certain times and days
- Shift: Work schedules for teams that require shifts (8-, 10-, 12-, or 24-hour work blocks) each day
- Corporate: Common schedules used by companies with knowledge workers (desk jobs)
- Hybrid: Schedule templates for companies that have employees split their time in an office and remotely
- Entrepreneur: Work planners and unconventional work schedules for self-employed people
- Duration: The length of time that the schedule template covers:
- Daily business hours: The amount of hours that the organization will be open for business in a given day using this template
- Shift length: The amount of hours employees will work each block of time before ending work (this is used primarily for the shift schedule templates)
- Average employee work hours per week: The amount of hours each worker will log in a given week on this work schedule
- Other names for this template: Other ways people refer to the same work schedule
- Typical industries: The common types of organizations that typically use this schedule
Disclaimer: This template is not legal advice. Please advise your HR or legal team first to determine the right language and structure of your work schedule depending on your type of organization, employee status, and labor laws in your state or country.