What is the work-life balance like at Tesla? If you’re going to take the leap and get a job at Tesla, you’ll want to know… will you be working from home, home for dinner, or never home?
Before we share all of the pertinent information you’ll need to decide about the work-life balance at Tesla, keep in mind that it is a massive company with 110,000+ employees. The salaries and work-life balance will vary greatly depending on the role, location, and skillset.
In this article, you’ll find one place to analyze what it is like to work (and live) as an employee at Tesla.
- Work-life balance rating: 61%
- Number of employees: 110,000+
- Average salary: $110,000 (according to Comparably)
- Average work week: 40-hour work week (according to Indeed)
- Remote work policy: Office first (according to Buildremote)
Work-Life Balance At Tesla: 61%
The work-life balance at Tesla gets a rating of 61%.
We calculated this score by taking the average work-life balance score from three reputable employee review sites. Since the sites have different rating systems (some use letter grades while others use star ratings), we put all ratings onto the same scale (0-100) and gave each site equal weighting.
- Glassdoor’s work-life balance rating: 2.9
- Indeed’s work-life balance rating: 3
- Comparably’s work-life balance rating: D
As an overall place to work (factoring in more than work-life balance) based on reviews from Tesla employees, the company gets a 3.4 out of 5 from Indeed and 3.6 out of 5 from Glassdoor.
According to Glassdoor, 65% of employees recommended working at Tesla to a friend and 73% approve of the CEO.
Take a look at our top 100 companies with the best work-life balance based on employee benefits offered.
Culture At Tesla: 71%
The work culture at Tesla gets a rating of 71%.
We calculated this score by taking the average culture score from three reputable employee review sites, putting all of their scoring systems onto a scale of 0-100, and giving each site equal weighting.
- Glassdoor’s culture rating: 3.4
- Indeed’s work-life balance rating: 3.3
- Comparably’s work-life balance rating: C+
In recent years, we’ve learned more about company culture at Tesla through their return-to-office decisions.
Employee Benefits At Tesla
Tesla offers an array of employee benefits to its 110,000+ workers. Here is a summary of some of the top employee benefits at Tesla:
- Flexibility at work
Visit Tesla’s employee benefits page to learn more.
At Buildremote, we track companies that are making sweeping change in the last few years. Tesla has shown up in the following research lists as a company that has left California and mandated a return to the office. Click those links to learn more about other companies that are doing the same and why.
Learn More About Work-Life Balance At Tesla
If you’d like to read more about the work-life balance at Tesla, visit one these three sites that provide great data. These were the sources for our culture and work-life balance ratings and they each provide helpful reviews from employees:
- Glassdoor: Read about common FAQs, employee reviews, and salary figures
- Comparably: Learn about the culture, leadership team, salaries, and city breakdowns
- Indeed: View employee benefits, employee reviews, and open positions
Read More About Managing Work-Life Balance
This is part of our series on work-life balance. To learn more, pick a topic below that interests you: