What is the work-life balance like at Netflix? If you’re going to take the leap and get a job at Netflix, you’ll want to know… will you be working from home, home for dinner, or never home?
Before we share all of the pertinent information you’ll need to decide about the work-life balance at Netflix, keep in mind that it is a massive company with 11,300+ employees. The salaries and work-life balance will vary greatly depending on the role, location, and skillset.
In this article, you’ll find one place to analyze what it is like to work (and live) as an employee at Netflix.
- Work-life balance rating: 76%
- Number of employees: 11,300+
- Average salary: $146,000 (according to Comparably)
- Average work week: 40-hour work week (according to Indeed)
- Remote work policy: Office first
Work-Life Balance At Netflix: 76%
The work-life balance at Netflix gets a rating of 76%.
We calculated this score by taking the average work-life balance score from three reputable employee review sites. Since the sites have different rating systems (some use letter grades while others use star ratings), we put all ratings onto the same scale (0-100) and gave each site equal weighting.
- Glassdoor’s work-life balance rating: 3.8
- Indeed’s work-life balance rating: 3.7
- Comparably’s work-life balance rating: C+
As an overall place to work (factoring in more than work-life balance) based on reviews from Netflix employees, the company gets a 3.9 out of 5 from Indeed and 4.3 out of 5 from Glassdoor.
According to Glassdoor, 86% of employees recommended working at Netflix to a friend and 89% approve of the CEO.
Take a look at our top 100 companies with the best work-life balance based on employee benefits offered.
Culture At Netflix: 85%
The work culture at Netflix gets a rating of 85%.
We calculated this score by taking the average culture score from three reputable employee review sites, putting all of their scoring systems onto a scale of 0-100, and giving each site equal weighting.
- Glassdoor’s culture rating: 4.1
- Indeed’s work-life balance rating: 3.8
- Comparably’s work-life balance rating: A+
Employee Benefits At Netflix
Netflix offers an array of employee benefits to its 11,300+ workers. Here is a summary of some of the top employee benefits at Netflix:
- Flexibility at work
Visit Netflix’s employee benefits page to learn more.
At Buildremote, we track companies that provide unique benefits that enhance the work-life balance for its employees. Netflix has shown up in the following research lists as a company that offers unlimited PTO, offers great maternity leave, and has a great 401K match program. Click those links to learn more about other companies that provide those benefits as well.
Learn More About Work-Life Balance At Netflix
If you’d like to read more about the work-life balance at Netflix, visit one these three sites that provide great data. These were the sources for our culture and work-life balance ratings and they each provide helpful reviews from employees:
- Glassdoor: Read about common FAQs, employee reviews, and salary figures
- Comparably: Learn about the culture, leadership team, salaries, and city breakdowns
- Indeed: View employee benefits, employee reviews, and open positions
Read More About Managing Work-Life Balance
This is part of our series on work-life balance. To learn more, pick a topic below that interests you: